Tips for creating unique Google Sites:
Here are some Google Sites design tips to help you create a successful website.
- Use fonts that are easy to read
- Use a PNG format with transparent background for your Sites logo
- This allows you to layer background colors and patterns "underneath your logo"
- Use H2, H3 and H4 tags for your page headings
- Take advantage of the simple integration with Google Apps (Maps, Drive, Google+, etc.)
- Experiment with different page layouts (multi-column grids)
- Compress all images as much as possible to speed up page load times
- Enable "Mobile - Automatically adjust site to mobile phones" (g then m)
- Test on both desktop and mobile using the built-in preview tools (g then p)
- Search engine optimization
- Make sure all page descriptions are unique (u)
- Verify with Google's Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools)
- Utilize Google Analytics
- Map a custom domain (i.e., www.patricklajuett.com versus sites.google.com/site/plajuett/)